Navigating Into the World of Nightlife

The world we lived in is still to be navigated. I know, something is sleeping there idly, waiting for someone to discover it. Stop analyzing life. Just live it. Analysis is what makes it complicated.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bangladesh's Stairway to Heaven




Guys, its been so long, imagine, 6 months of no blog entries.That's a shame on my part as a blogger.
Well I'm already here, writing my first blog after a very lengthy absence.
How do I start? "Shobashonda!", that's the Bangla translation of Good Day.
Staying in Bangladesh is not that bad, very enjoyable. This may be attributed to the numerous number of Filipinos working here whom we constantly meet for a drinking spree every Thursday night and Friday night. Gosh, we usually go home 4 AM, either vomiting due to lots of drinks or suffering from sore throat due to unstoppable videoke. I can vividly remember my first day here in Dhaka City wherein, I was drunk, totally drunk well in fact I even don't know anybody that time and also my hotel.I even got absent the next day due to intense headache. What a memorable experience!!!!
My first month in Bangladesh was really unforgettable. In my first day, I got drunk, totally blank drunk.In my first week, we were seized by a police due to possession of liquor.Yes guys, you read it write. Liquor is prohibited in Bangladesh. We were riding a rickshaw when we were approached by two armed men.According to them they are police and they demand a search for our belongings.Naturally we declined to be searched.But we didn't do anything when they told us that we should be handcuffeds.God, never in my whole life that I experience wearing a handcuffs.With that we just stare at them as they rumage through our possessions.They found what they wanted, a Smirnoff Vodka.To cut the story short, we paid them money just to leave us alone.
Some of Bangladesh facts, trivias, and information.
a) Their famous mode of communication is rickshaw.It's like a pedicab pulled by what they call a rickshaw driver. Check my pics.That's a rickshaw.
b) Most people drink tea here since they have a large tea plantation, in a place called Sylhet.
c) The longest beach ever??? according to them can be found here, the infamous Cox Bazar.
d) Bangladesh's population is twice as many as in the Philippines where in fact their land area is only about a third of the Philippines (estimated).
e) Our working days here is Sunday to Thursday. Friday is their day of prayer.
f) Famous sport is cricket.


That's all folks.Will put another entry tomorrow....

2 Comments:

Blogger poison ivy said...

fotah ka mag ingat ka dyan!

Fri Apr 20, 09:16:00 AM  
Blogger ..ron.. said...

grabiyah tlaga ang iyong pinaggagawa dyan.. okay na ang mag-alak wag na mangboys.. heheh :D

kita kits sa mata na lng ewan ko kung kailan.. :D

Fri Apr 20, 01:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home